Official celebrations of love are always a grand affair, with the bride and groom looking their best and the venue reflecting luxury. Everyone is treated to mouth-watering dishes and champagne flows like there’s no tomorrow. The décor looks splendid, flowers cascade in all their glory and color schemes are designed to match perfectly. But, as everyone knows, none of it comes cheap. Weddings can cost a small fortune and if you aren’t careful, you may find yourself with barely any money left, post-wedding. Fortunately, there is a solution. With some careful planning, it is possible to have a very memorable wedding without shelling out large sums of cash.
Beach weddings are perfect if you live in a coastal area. You don’t need to do much with the setting, just add a few things here and there and you’re ready to tie the knot. The best part about a beach wedding is that the ocean, breeze and sand already make a lovely foundation for the décor so all you need to do is just enhance the set. If you’re planning on a beach wedding but need to work under a budget, worry not as we’ve listed a few tips guaranteed to make your wedding a success besides saving you a small fortune.
1. If you plan to walk down the aisle, then you’ll need to make one yourself. It’s easy, though, and shouldn’t take up too much time. To create a bit of order, you can use wooden stakes that have been painted white to mark the aisle. Decorate the stakes with ribbons and flowers. Be sure to tie the ribbons in a flowing manner so that they dance in the breeze.
2. Most beach weddings are al fresco affairs but you can also choose to set up a mini marquee. These tents come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Choose one that isn’t walled and with only a roof. This will add to the beach setting.
3. Use white beach chairs for your guests during the wedding ceremony. You can tie sheer pieces of cloth to the backs of the chairs and knot them into flowing bows.
4. Place a few candles inside the marquee to highlight the spot. Since it will more than likely be windy, you can use transparent candle coverings that are widely available in the market.
5. Beaches are loaded with shells and if you can’t find the right size or shape, you can get them over the internet or at hobby stores. Use them to decorate the edges of the aisle as well as the area under the marquee.
6. Tall vases filled with white and pastel-colored flowers can be used to add more to the décor of the marquee. Clear vases will look especially good as they will go well with the beach theme.
The tips listed above don’t require you to spend a lot of money. This way, you can save up much-needed cash for your honeymoon and for the initial course of your marriage. Use them to ensure having a memorable wedding and save yourself thousands of dollars in the process.