Have you ever wished that wedding planning was the groom’s responsibility and not the bride’s?
Well, here is your chance to make that wish a reality. Oprah’s new television network OWN is now casting for a reality TV show called “Don’t Tell the Bride” that is set to premier this fall with eight episodes.
Each episode of “Don’t Tell the Bride” will feature a different couple who has been given $25,000 to plan their wedding. But before you get too excited maybe it’s time to consider that you should be careful what you wish for: The bride will have ZERO input during the entire wedding planning process. The groom on the other hand will be exclusively responsible for planning everything: The bridal gown, the location, the music selection (do I hear the theme song from Star Wars?!?), the invitations, the reception, EVERYTHING!!!
Now, Oprah wasn’t born yesterday. She knows that brides will want to give their input and will try to offer guidance to their overwhelmed guy. That’s why all communication between the couple will be stopped for three weeks before the ceremony.
So, if you consider yourself to be a brave, adventuresome couple who aren’t afraid to try something unique (and probably a bit scary) for your wedding – along with $25,000 to help make it possible, here is how to apply to become one of the eight couples cast in OWN’s “Don’t Tell the Bride” reality TV show:
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Currently engaged
- Willing and able to get legally married between July 2011 - September 2011
- Have a few groomsmen and bridesmaids with big personalities willing to be on the show with you
- No long distance or destination weddings. You must be willing to marry within driving distance of couple’s residence(s).
Please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Bride’s name and Groom’s name
- Bride’s phone number
- Bride’s email
- Bride’s resident city
- Groom’s phone number
- Groom’s email
- Groom’s resident city
- A few sentences about you and why you are an ideal couple for the show
- Wedding status – where you are in the process
- Current photo of bride and groom (make sure we can clearly see you both)
Since the producers of this show have just begun actively searching for their eight couples who not only meet all the above requirements but are also brave enough to give this a go, you should apply right away if interested before these eight slots get filled up. When you apply, tell them you found out about the casting call from www.WeddingPlanningOnABudget.com Good luck and have fun!